New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Mirena coil
0 Replies
TraceyJo - May 25

Hi, I understand that everyones' experience is very different, so here's mine. I was advised to change my copper style IUD for the Mirena coil to help stop my period related migraines. The removal didn't hurt really: hardly felt it, although I have had 3 children, the last pregancy being twins. The insertion of the Mirena was rather painful but bearable with pain killers. It was fitted about a month ago and I'm waiting over the next few months for it to settle down. I have felt a bit low, very tired, bled for 3 weeks and had 3 migraines. Bleeding has now stopped and I seem to have developed pregnancy symptoms: ie: extreme tender and enlarged breasts secreting milky fluid, Swollen belly like I'm expecting triplets. Took a test which thankfully is negative. I have not had another migraine as yet. Have had very little abdominal pain or discomfort since the first week and wait to see what happens. If you are experiencing severe pain then I would advise you to immediately see your doctor to check that it has not perferated the walls of the womb, or that you do not have an infection. Don't leave it, get it checked right away. I have read a lot of reviews and this site seems to have many negative ones. NetDoctor has more positive ones. What we have to endure as women eh?! Good luck and I shall report back...

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question