Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the Forum
4 Replies
WelshCake78 - April 19

Hello :-)
I am new to the forum and am looking for some support... My friends try their best but they don't really understand.
I was diagnosed with PCOS 10 years ago and have been ttc for that long. I had one cycle of clomid with no success, and was discharged by my consultant 5 years ago. I just don't know where to go from here... I am overweight and find it difficult to lose (which was why I was discharged). I thought I had come to terms with the prospect of never becoming a mother, but just recently I can sense the dark cloud decending.
Thank You
Karen x

YasmineSA - April 25

Hi WelshCake78
I feel for you darling PCOS makes it sooo difficult to lose weight I know I have been there and so have my friends. The rolling dark clouds need a cool breeze to blow them away, dont they?! I don't think any of us would come to terms with the prospect of not being a mum well, it seems the most natural thing in the world and when it doesn't happen you feel almost diseased and where every you look there are pregnant women and new mums, not fair. How long did you clomid cycle last? I have been trying Agnus Castus to help with my PCOS and Endometriosis and it seems to have worked my cycles are now regular, shorter and I ovulate. Give it a go, I took 200mg a day for 3 months no break, which means dont ttc during that time but after that take it from cycle day 1 to ovulation. With regards to your weight all I can suggest is exercise reduce portion size and try to avoid the sweet stuff coz I don't know about you but once I start with something sweet I just cant seem to stop lol. I have a wii fit and I find that a good way of doing exrcise without venturing out. Good Luck and I hope it all goes well for you x

welshcake78 - April 25

Hiya Yasmine
Thanks for your reply.... I think I'll try Agnus Castus, but do you think it will help.....I dont have periods at all!
I had 5 days worth of clomid (I think, this was back in 2005 and my memory isn't great!) and it didn't result in ovulation.
I have just ordered a Wii Fit, my mother loves hers and suggested I get one. I'm at the point where I am willing to try anything. I am 32 and feel like time is running out. :-(

YasmineSA - April 27

Hi WelshCake78
Well I gave it a go as I had tried a few options and nothing had sorted my erratic cycle, benefits is no side effects and its natural so it wont harm your body on the other hand it does take 3 months to kick in. You should weight up the pros and cons of any treatment. I was sceptical at first as people had suggested Evening Primrose Oil and Black Cohosh and neither did anything for me but at the end of the day what was I going to lose and what was I possibly going to gain from it. I am surprised that your doctor only gave you one cycle of Clomid, some women take 2 cycles to prompt ovulation.
I must admit I love my WII Fit plus and Fitness Coach its enabled me to finally shift the unwanted weight whilst having fun and not feeling the pressure that I would if I were in a gym or outside jogging.
Dont lose hope, there is still time and you will find many women on here with pcos and other conditons that make pregnancy difficult, we are here to help. :-)

yasminesa - May 17

Hi welshcake,
Hows it going? are you enjoying the wii or are you considering throwing out of the window lol?
Hope all is well

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question