New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
need help
20 Replies
wea - August 25

Hi! I have not had my period for about 6 months now. I tried pregnancy test each and every month but it seems negative. I know i'm not pregnant. does it mean that i'm already menopause? I'm only 35 and this bothers me a lot. I hope to get answers from this forum as soon as possible. Thanks!

lyka - August 26

The average of menopause is from 48-52 years of age, i guess. Since your only 35, there must be another problem for this. Anyway, are you using contraceptives?

irene - August 27

There is a big chance that you are pregnant since your not menopause yet. Visit your gynecologists for further information.

wea - August 27

Thank you for your replies! Lyka- i'm not using contraceptive. I know i could be pregnant anytime now. What makes me confused is that i don't have any symptoms of pregnancy. Could this be perimenopause or something?

lyka - August 27

wea-Okay, are you going through the perimenoposal symptoms? If not, then there's a possibilty that you are pregnant. Pregnancy is very high in the perimenopausal age, you should be using contraceptives if you don't want to get pregnant.

wea - August 28

lyka- Will my life be at risk if i'm going to be pregnant? Is it too late for me to use contraceptives? I don't think i have the symptoms of perimenopause like hot flashes or something. This is so confusing. More advice please...

trixie - August 28

No, i don't think your life will be at risk not unless you're taking medications which will complicate your pregnancy. It is best for you to visit your doctor now.

juliet - September 3

wea, as you stated in your post that it's been 6 months that you have not have your period. not all pregnancy test are accurate. don't you really think you're pregnant? i mean... aren't you experiencing symptoms of being pregnant like morning sickness, food craving or anything???

wea - September 8

no, i don't have any symptoms of pregnancy. i think i need to talk to my gyno regarding on this to make sure that i'm not pregnant. wish me luck!

olivia - September 15

hi wea! exact same thing happened to me last year. mine was 8 months, no period. at first i thought it was menopause but after 8 months it started up again. i think this is normal cos i've read posts on another forum where ladies have gone 6 to 8 months or even more than a year w/o a period then started up again.

wea - September 16

glad to hear that olivia! it does ease my fears a little. my gyne has lined me up for bloodwork 2 days from now to see where i stand in menopause. wish me luck!

emily - September 17

wew, thought i would be the only person experiencing this. i haven't had my period for 1 year and two months. but guess what? it started back again 2 days ago! funny thing is... i have to run to the grocery to buy tampax! damn! don't know if i should bother my gyne for this, i guess i'll just wait what will happen next. too lazy for this happening over and over again.

julie - September 18

happy to belong here, ahahaha.... my period started again last month after not having it for 10 months! here i am now counting the months all over again. aarrrrggggggghhhhhh......

aubrey - September 21

i feel for you ladies as this exact same thing happened to me last year. it had been almost two years. i am interested to know how things have gone for you ladies who experienced this.

sheila - September 22

someone told me to see the gyne if bleeding happened after a year. does anybody know if this is true?

aubrey - September 23

hmmm... i have no idea! i never had the chance to see my gp when my period started again because i haven't experienced any pain. mine was almost 2 years, do you think i should see my gp?

sandra - September 25

to expect anything different would be kind of cruel. but it's better than to do nothing at all!

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question